Early voting for the 2018 primary elections is now underway. To vote, just stop by your nearest public library, the Gateway Mall, the Oceanway Community Center or the Legends Center. The main library Downtown will NOT be an early voting site. Instead, to vote downtown go to the supervisor of elections office at 105 East Monroe Street.
A Free event designed to re-kindle the fire inside before going back for the school year and into the holiday season. child care is provided. there will be a time of worship and time for a Q&A with a Pastoral Board. also there will be a lot of vendors selling different items in the beginning of the event. dinner will be sold for 5$
Glorious Bethlehem Temple Church family would like YOU to join us August 17th – 19th for our back to school weekend.
So come out, Aug. 17th (7:30 p.m. for a free concert), Aug. 18th (free cookout, games, activities and the Jacksonville Firefighters will be there with their truck 11:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. and service @ 7 p.m.) and Aug 19th (11 a.m. for service and immediately after we will be giving away free school supplies, candy and shoes (limited) to all that attends the entire service).
This year we will begin our annual charitable bushhook/limbline tournament. Proceeds this year will be to raise money for our New Life building fund. Every year we want to raise money for something in our community and we hope this grows into something great. You can find the rules and sign up at http://www.newlifejesup.com. Sign up forms will also be available at the church and at Wayne Feed & Seed in Jesup. It will be $150 per boat for a two person team. Children under 16 fish for free. We are also currently seeking sponsorships. If your business would like to sponsor this tournament please message me or call at 9122942747 for sponsorship packages. Our hope is this tournament will grow every year and the payout increases abundantly so we can pay out with even more categories and prizes. Spread the word and please share. Rules are located below as well.
Entry Fee is $150 per boat with a maximum 2 anglers. Children under 16 fish for free with registered adult. Children’s biggest fish prize will be $200. Childs biggest fish cannot be used in registered anglers weigh-in.
1st Place $1,500.00 Biggest Fish $500.00 Child’s Biggest Fish $200.00
New Life expects strict adherence to the following rules by all contestants. In the event of an emergency, please call 911 first and then notify the tournament director. By entering the tournament you agree to follow all rules and rulings by the tournament director.
1. All participants must have a valid Georgia Fishing License and adhere to all Georgia DNR rules and regulations. Find out more at http://www.eregulations.com or http://georgiawildlife.com.
2. Tournament hours will be 12:00PM Saturday August 18th to Sunday August 19th 2:00PM.
3. All Weigh-Ins must be at Jaycee Landing by 3:00PM Sunday August 19th there will be no late entries.
4. All catfish must be caught and landed by a limb line/bush hook on the Altamaha River and caught by registered anglers only.
5. Only a maximum of 10 lines per boat can be used and all lines must be tagged with the boat number assigned to you. Children get one additional line. (If any violation of this rule is sighted please call the tournament director with the violators boat number)
6. All lines must be at least 20ft from another team’s line.
7. By NO MEANS should you ever handle or tamper with another team’s line. Violators will be disqualified.
8. All lines must be removed by Sunday 2:00PM. Be sure to take down your lines in appropriate time to make it to weigh-in. (Any lines left can be a danger and will be reported. Let’s take care of our river!)
9. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult. Children can use one additional line for themselves along with the paying adult lines.
10. A maximum of 5 catfish (flathead, channel or blue) will be weighed in for a combined total weight. The largest fish will be automatically entered to win the Biggest Fish cash prize. Angler must submit their largest to smallest fish. There will be NO switching once submitted. Children’s biggest fish cannot be used in adult weigh-ins.
11. All protest must be made in writing within 30 minutes of teams weigh-in. $50 protest fee will apply.
12. Ties and disqualifications will be decided by tournament committee.
Anyone who is caught violating tournament rules will automatically be disqualified and WILL be permanently banned from all future fishing tournaments. This tournament is based on an honor system and we believe in fair competition. Any videos or photos turned in of foul play will be analyzed and actions will be taken. Let’s make this a fun event for years to come and let’s leave a good example for the next generation.
Young ladies between the ages of 8 -18 years old, this “girls day out” event is for YOU! It’s that time again for The BW Project’s annual one-day full-filled, exciting, educational FREE seminar for girls and female teens. The BW Project, Inc. promotes positive self-confidence, leadership, internal/external beauty, etc. and empowers young ladies to embrace the beauty that was uniquely given to them. Some of the highlights include age-appropriate break-out sessions; talent showcases, fashion show, essential resources, and a very special guest speaker. Continental breakfast and lunch will also be served to the girl participants. Please register EACH INDIVIDUAL girl or teen, providing their name and age, when registering. RSVPs no later than August 11, 2018. For further information, contact The BW Project, Inc. at (904) 419-8813.
Come by the Jewish Community Alliance (JCA) of Jacksonville for our open house!
Take a tour and see our fitness center, basketball gymnasium, racquetball courts, group exercise studio, cycling studio, indoor and outdoor pools, and tennis courts.
FREE group exercises classes that morning!
8:45 a.m. Aqua Aerobics
8:45 a.m. Pilates
9:45 a.m. Cycling
9:45 a.m. Zumba
11:45 a.m. Yoga
Learn how you can help Community Cats by reducing the cat overpopulation in your community through Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR). Tammy from Mayport Cats will be presenting. We will help to answer any questions you have about TNR and community cats. We will share low-cost options available to Spay/Neuter the cats you trap. Come join us for an informative workshop all about CATS in your community! This is a beginner’s workshop and a place to network for cats – Please join us!
How to control anger will be discussed at Lifetree Café at the Mandarin Senior Center on Tuesday, August 21st at 3:30PM. he program, titled “Out of Anger: The Battle Between Self-Control and Out of Control,” features the filmed story of Jerry Hartman, whose ongoing anger issues led him in and out of prison until he was at last accused of assault with a deadly weapon. Like us on Facebook/LTCHopeJax.
How to control anger will be discussed at Lifetree Café at the Mary L. Singleton Senior Center on Thursday, August 23rd at 12:45PM. The program, titled “Out of Anger: The Battle Between Self-Control and Out of Control,” features the filmed story of Jerry Hartman, whose ongoing anger issues led him in and out of prison until he was at last accused of assault with a deadly weapon. Like us on Facebook/LTCHopeJax.